Parts Advisor - Ottawa, Ontario
Interacts with customers and other staff on a daily basis, maximize parts revenues by marketing parts and exceeding customer service expectations. Ensure that all customer orders are filled in a safe, efficient, accurate and professional manner. Ensure that all proper parts sale and parts return entries are followed to ensure proper invoicing and inventory adjustment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Service customers at the counter and on the phone in a courteous and professional manner;
- Provide advice and options for customers including new, remanufactured or rebuild parts where applicable;
- Actively explain Nortrax's promotional programs to all customers on a proactive basis using value added techniques;
- Explain ordering options available to the customer for non-stocked parts including expedited shipment with freight charges or stock order with no freight charges;
- Order outside parts as required by the customer through the Nortrax approved parts procurement processes;
- Accurately invoice customer goods explaining charges as required to the customer when presenting the invoice;
- Maintaining & updating display and front counter area including cleaning and organizing parts counter, work areas, and floors to maintain a respectable and clean parts department at all times;
- Follow prescribed cash, and credit processing procedures;
- Keeps himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines including wearing company provided uniform.
Health and Safety
- Although much of time will be situated in an office/shop environment, occasional travel to other branches may be required.
- Nortrax Parts Advisors are required to be on a call rotation for after hours and weekend parts support. The actual schedule will vary depending upon the number of employees at the branch that are on the call rotation.
- Customer First Attitude;
- Friendly, sales oriented personality, and a strong knowledge of heavy equipment and Nortrax support systems;
- Must be totally committed to customer service and satisfaction;
- Achievement of certification status and continual learning under the Certified Parts Advisor (CPA) curriculum on John Deere University;
- Ability to interpret customer needs;
- Basic computer skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Saturday parts counter rotation.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Posted on March 25, 2014